Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Cutting Room Floor.

Like work accepted for publication at a 'real' publisher, I have begun the difficult task of editing my book. Not true. I have friends who have begun the difficult work of editing my book. A teacher friend in Kingaroy is trawling through it, checking for spelling and grammar, and another friend, Karen, with some actual editing experience is making notes of everything I've done wrong (and there is lots, but that's normal, isn't it?).

Had a scary phone call last week from Karen. She wanted me to pop over and bring my shredder. Turns out she took a torch to the first half of my first chapter. It was great!! Being so close to a piece of work for so long can blind you. It's good to have a fresh set of eyes, particularly knowledgeable eyes, to help you see the light. Especially excited because it cut four pages from my work and that equates to a USD 5c saving on printing costs of each and every copy. :) That's money in bank people.


No comments:

Post a Comment